How to Signup on OKX: Step-by-Step Guide
If you want to know how to sign up for OKX, this article is your step-by-step guide to registering with the innovative cryptocurrency exchange.
Whether you are an experienced crypto trader or a crypto beginner, we understand you want all your assets to have good protection, and have access to reliable cryptocurrency management services.
The crypto industry has hundreds of crypto exchanges, but they don't all provide secure or reputable services. OKX has an excellent reputation and millions of users trading Bitcoin (BTC) and other cryptocurrencies.
Okay, let's start right now, so you can register for an account with OKX.
The Key Features of OKX Cryptocurrency Exchange
- 320+ supported assets, 700+ markets, 90+ fiat currencies
- OKX Earn, DeFi services, Launchpad, loans, and more
- Multi-Functional, Self-Custodail Crypto Wallet
- A top ten crypto exchange worldwide
- Spot, Futures and Options Trading
- Demo trading account
- Crypto trading bots
- Excellent Security
- OKX Academy
- Mobile App
- Low fees
What is OKX?
OKX is a reputable cryptocurrency exchange established in 2017 and based in Seychelles. The popular platform is a subsidiary of OKCoin (owned by the OK Group). OKX was formerly OKEx but changed to OKX in 2022, armed with a new and exciting roadmap.
In addition, we also have articles that dive into other aspects of the OKX Exchange:
- OKX Trading Bots: Automated Trading on OKX
- OKX Earn: Earn interest while Hodling at OKX
- OKX Mobile App: Mobile Trading on the Go
- OKX Lending: Crypto Lending Made Easy!
- OKX Security Overview: Is OKX Secure?
- OKX Wallet: The Portal to Web3
- OKX NFT Marketplace
Requirements for Creating an OKX Account
If you want access to OKX trading features, completing the KYC process is necessary. For Level 1, OKX requests your name, address, email address, and government ID, such as a driving licence or passport. For Level 2, OKX requires that you upload a selfie of your face through Netverify, OKX's partner.
How to Create an OKX Account on the Desktop
You can quickly open an account with OKX by following the steps below:
- On the OKX website, click "Sign Up" in the top right corner.
- Enter your email address when requested.
- Open your inbox and look for the OKX verification email.
- Copy the verification code.
- Paste into the "Enter Code" field on the page.
- Click "Next."
- Create a strong password combining capitals, lowercase, digits and special characters.
The next stage is to complete the KYC (know your customer) section.
Complete OKX KYC on the Web App
Submit your basic details by clicking on the profile icon in the top right on the OKX homepage. Select "Verification" and follow the prompts for basic information for Level 1 verification.
For Level 2 verification, submit a copy of your driving licence or passport and a selfie of your face.
How to Create an OKX Account on the Mobile App
Download the OKX app and open it. You will automatically see "Get Started."
After that, follow the prompts to enter your name, home address and email address. OKX sends an email with a verification code. Copy the code, open the app and paste it into the "Enter Code" field. If you want to upgrade to a Level 2 account, follow the KYC details below.
Complete OKX KYC on the Mobile App
Download the OKX app to your mobile:
- Open the OKX app
- Click on "User Center."
- Open "Profile and Settings."
- Select "Identity Verification."
- Complete the basic information (you have 3 attempts)
- After confirming your details, OKX set your account to Level 1
For Level 2 access, submit a copy of a valid government-issued Identity document (passport or driving licence) and a selfie showing your face. Remove hats or glasses to ensure a clear view of your face.
How Long Does OKX Verification Take?
OKX reviews your application within 24 hours. You can contact OKX via the chatbot if the results take longer.
And there you have it, the simple and quick signup steps for OKX. We hope you feel confident about opening an account with the popular crypto exchange.
The app is one of the most trusted cryptocurrency exchange apps. You can learn how to create professional trading strategies by following other users, making passive income from the "Earn" products, and discovering how crypto trading bots work.
You can also download the robust OKX wallet and get price alerts to buy Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, or other cryptos.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can make a single crypto purchase with $50 fiat currency or deposit the same amount in cryptocurrency from another exchange or your secure wallet to your OKX account.
Opening an OKX account is simple: -
- On the OKX website, click the "Sign Up" button in the top right corner.
- Enter your email address.
- OKX sends you an email with a verification code.
- Paste or type the code in the "Enter Code" field and click “Next.”
Please note: You only have 10 minutes to enter the code, or you may have to request a new code.
For level 2 verification, you will need to submit the following: -
- A government-issued ID like a valid driving licence or passport.
- A selfie showing your face.
Yes. Registering a new account with OKX is 100% free.
To use your account, OKX requires that you complete level 1 verification as a minimum.
OKX is a reputable cryptocurrency exchange established in 2017 that follows best practices to protect your funds. OKX has millions of registered users and plenty of positive reviews. However, it is a centralised exchange, and there is always a risk of hack attempts.
OKX has a simple user interface, which makes it easier for beginners to navigate. Although the platform is suitable for all levels of traders and investors, it is a good exchange for beginners.
Disclaimer: These are the writer’s opinions and should not be considered investment advice. Readers should do their own research.