Basic Attention Token Quietly Rallies 120% in November
Basic Attention Token (BAT), the token that powers the blockchain-based digital advertising platform offered on privacy-centric Brave Browser, has quietly become one of the best-performing crypto assets of November.
According to data from CoinGecko, BAT is up 122% over the last 30 days, and is still green on the day while the vast majority are deep in the red.
BAT’s rally comes as Brave has announced the release of its new browser-based software wallet. According to the company, Brave Wallet doesn’t require any extensions, and is completely browser-native to minimize security risks and CPU and memory requirements.
Users will be able to transact with “almost any crypto asset”, as well as connect with other wallets and Web3 decentralized applications (DApps).
Brave says that users of the new wallet will be able to:
- See live and historical market graphs (price data powered by CoinGecko
- Find the best price match against a list of providers with built-in swap functionality
- Send and receive assets
- Buy with fiat via Wyre
- Interact with DApps for any EVM compatible network
- Manage their portfolio — with non-fungible token (NFT) and multi-chain support
- Easily import their wallet from MetaMask and self-custody wallets, or Brave’s legacy Crypto Wallets extension, or hardware wallets such as Trezor and Ledger (no Ledger Live required)
- Send and receive NFTs
It was also revealed earlier this month that the Solana blockchain would be integrated into the Brave Browser by July of 2022. The partnership aims to enable Solana’s DEX aggregator swaps, non-fungible token (NFT) support, the sending of SPL tokens, and creating accounts.
“The crypto boom has vaulted blockchain applications into the mainstream, but like any rapidly-growing innovation, this swift rise is not without challenges. One of the hurdles is the crypto wallet industry’s reliance on extensions, which introduces friction for DApp adoption and often leads to users losing funds via fake extension phishing scams,” said Brian Bondy, CTO and co-founder of Brave.
BAT is currently trading at $1.57.
Disclaimer: These are the writer’s opinions and should not be considered investment advice. Readers should do their own research.